這是網友Alex以前轉寄來的e-mail,算算過了這個月的生日,
我只剩1年,就滿40歲,也就是所謂的Around 40!
人生正式過了一半,該經歷的事跟快樂跟痛苦,沒有一件少過,
Around 40的冷靜篤定,感覺跟Around 30時的驚慌失措完全不同,
頭腦跟夢想,也從來沒有這麼清楚過,這就是40不惑嗎?

期待我的下半場,無論單身與否,都能為自己的快樂而過,
40+開始所有的作品,都能冠上自己的名字,不再退讓當個透明人!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I grow in age, I value women over 40 most of all.
隨著年齡增長, 我越來越珍惜40+歲的女人

Here are just a few reasons why:
為什麼呢?

A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask,
40+歲的女人不會在半夜把你吵醒, 然後問你:

What are you thinking?
你在想什麼?

She doesn't care what you think.
她才不在乎你在想什麼。

If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game,
40+歲的女人如果不想看球賽

she doesn't sit around whining about it.
她不會坐在你旁邊抱怨東抱怨西

She does something she wants to do, and it's usually more interesting.
她會去做她想做的、更有趣的事情

Women over 40 are dignified.
40+歲的女人穩重自持

They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant.
不會在歌劇院或高級餐廳裡,跟你大呼小叫 ,

Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you if they think they can get away with it.
當然,如果你罪有應得,她們也可能神不知鬼不覺地一槍把你給斃了。

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved.
熟女不吝於讚美 (不管是不是實至名歸)

They know what it's like to be unappreciated.
因為她們親身體驗過被忽略的滋味

Women get psychic as they age.
女人越老越通靈

You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40.
你永遠不需要向40+歲的女人懺悔

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.
只要能夠對皺紋視而不見,40+歲的女人遠比年輕美眉性感

Older women are forthright and honest.
熟女直接又誠實

They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one.
如果你是蠢蛋 她們會馬上叫你滾蛋

You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
你完全不需要傷腦筋揣摩她的心意

Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons.
40+歲的女人有很多優點

Unfortunately,it's not reciprocal.
40+歲的男人呢?

For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 20-year old waitress.
相對於每一個性感、迷人的40+歲的女人,就有一個禿頭凸肚的熟男,厚臉皮地跟小他20歲的美眉調情

Ladies,I apologize.
女士們,請容許我在這兒

For all those men who say,
幫妳們說句公道話:

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free here's an update for you.
那些只想喝免費牛奶,而不願買頭母牛回家的男人,實在是太搞不清楚狀況

Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage.
今天有80%的女人寧願不結婚

Why?
為什麼呢?

Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!
因為,她們終於發現:不需要為了一根香腸,買回一整頭豬!

(註:Andy Rooney何許人? 此人是美國CBS 60 Minutes的主持人)


arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    isaisa 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()